Recently a friend Bill Gouldd was stripped of his empire.  Some would think he was stripped because he was a crook others because he was doing something that was not allowed.  The gov said that he was responsible for each and every person in his group.  So any mishap was his responsibility and therefore if it was due to his ppolicy or no he had to pay for the error.

In His mind he was making monumental change educating people about their health and environment as well as making millioniares.   He believed he had to remain focused on the big picture and not get caught in the little traps.  I believe Maharishi has thought the same way.

----- Original Message ----
From: markmeredith2002 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 10:18:19 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: A theory of Karma, TMOers, and the TMO's "Persona"

--- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, "curtisdeltablues"
<curtisdeltablues@ ...> wrote:

> Nice details on the early days. I was 16 in 1974 when I got involved,
> just a kid. My teacher came from the days you remember. The tone
> changed through the years as you describe. But I don't view myself as
> a victim of the movement. Pointing out its flaws or dirty tricks
> doesn't make me a victim. How I respond would. I chose all my
> movement participation and had lots of fun. It was a mixed bag. But
> when I was in it, I was all in baby! I enjoyed the intensity.

Not being able to see the flaws or dirty tricks is being a victim of
the mov't, and perhaps running onto stages screaming about keeping the
tmo away from your children is also being a victim.

> I think that MMY's ideas about of collective consciousness is
> different from karma theory, but I could be wrong. I haven't thought
> about this stuff in detail in so many years. Maybe it is just a
> version of it. I understand your point better from your explanation
> of how you view it. I think of karma theory as a devise to maintain
> the caste system in India. It seems like a convenient way to keep
> people from acting up in lower castes and to blame people for their
> own birth defects. I find it far from a comforting explanation of
> events. I choose to believe in randomness over intended malice from
> the universe. I guess we all have to face this very fundamental
> philosophical question "why does shit happen?" for ourselves.

Great paragraph. I think that the men in power used the theory of
karma to help prop up their completely secular power grap, the caste
system, though the karma concept can still survive independently
after you see through and dump the caste concept. I like your
randomness over malice idea. I think the evolution of individuality
and all the social systems that go with it in human civilization is a
good evolutionary thing, but I also think that spiritual people
sometimes need to get over themselves and realize that the laws of
nature aren't interested in fitting into their self centered belief
systems about themselves.