No, it only appears to be nonsense due to lack of
experience with pure consciousness. Let me explain.
First of all, from a waking state perspective, that is
from a perspective wherein consciousness is bound by
the object of experiencing, the question makes sense.
In waking state there is a rather self-evident ego, a
"me" or "I" that appears to be present in all
experiencing. This "I" also seems to be surrounded by
a vast universe of relative experiences both
subjective and objective. The "I" is inside the
universe. So from this perspective questions like
"where does an enlightened person go when they drop
the body" appears to make sense because it assumes an
"I" in enlightenment as in waking state. In short,
what will this "I" experience when it is enlightened
and where will it be when it no longer is inside a
body. But enlightenment is the awakening to the
infinite value of Self. And if something is infinite
it is outside of relative measure; outside of all time
and space contraints. The Self of realization is not
localized. It is not inside the body, nor is it inside
the universe. It is nowhere from a relative
perspective; it doesn't exist as an "I" or "me." But
experience does continue, obviously, but now rather
than being an "I" inside of all the experiencing, all
experincing is "inside" pure consciousness. Everything
gets turned on its head. All experience is simply
something quite insignificant and not really
real...whatever that means! So I'm sure when a
realized person dies, the relative experincing will
change, but "they" don't go anywhere. How could they?
There is no localized self to come and go.
Consciousness always "is." Experiences come and go.
Death of the body is just another experience.

--- hyperbolicgeometry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>