> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

> > > OK, let's just assume for simplicity sake Guru Dev was in UC and MMY
> > > just calls everything Cosmic Consciousness, Thanks! :-)
> >

> > Non sequitur. There's no mention nor any implication in my above
> > statement that is connected to your response. Turiyatita or jivan-
> > mukti are the traditional words for "CC". It's well-known in what
> > style of literature these are used.
> >
> > Written accounts only mention him as a jivan-mukti, but the truth
is,
> > there is more to life than the written word. We really, at this late
> > date don't have any clue about a man not even one of us has ever
met.
> > But also worrying about something so long gone is pathetic. Learn
> > what there is to learn and move on.
> >
> > But just to stir the pot he was known for a couple of siddhis:
> > spontaneously lighting ritual fires and materialization of objects.
> > The clincher is the last one. Can you guess what state of
> > consciousness one would have to be in to materialize sacred objects?
> > (hint: it ain't CC :-)).
> >

> So, which is "higher," someone in temporary UC, or a jivan-mukta?

A Jivan-mukta (freed while living) may still have some karma, but
essentially is freed from Reincarnation (on earth), full Unity
Consciousness is only possible after MahaSamadhi, the final exit from
the three physical casings; physical body, astral body, and causal body.

If he retains his body after achieving  Nirvikalpa Samadhi, (inner and
outer fullness) he is considered to be in the highest Jivan-mukta
state. To the best of my knowledge...maybe Vaj knows better.