On Feb 12, 2007, at 4:10 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shukra69" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was wondering if someone might mention this. I have
seen it many, many times. With eyes open everything
can dissolve into a grey field. Also happened notably
when I was invited to a Shiva temple on Shivaratri -
when I was pouring milk onto the murthi.

I have no idea what your experience was, but
in other traditions, seeing or experiencing
the color grey (gray?) is associated with
having tapped into the astral field, not with
any higher state of consciousness. Gray or
the experience of "grayness" is one of the
defining characteristics of the lower astral.

It can also mean a preponderance of karma from one of the sub-human realms--and a sign to purify that karma. It's definitely a gate you'd want to close off in this lifetime.