> I'm always amused by the New Age tendency to claim
> that they were *famous* people in the past. The Rama
> guy claimed he was Cardinal Richilieu; I can't see
> that *at all*. And Shirley MacLaine's been any
> *number* of famous people. Wasn't anyone ever the
> scullery maids and the cooks and the janitors?  :-)

Thanks for opening up an interesting topic. I share your skepticism
and that of others that somehow we were all famous people in a past
life- there weren't that many of them for one thing, maybe 10,000 on
the outside, throughout history. Also, many people in the past
either thought they would be famous and now are not, or vice versa.

The only few things I know about my past lives is that:
1. for one or more I was Asian.
2. I was an artist, possibly in my last life.
3. I had some training in some sort of meditation in one or more
lives.
4. I died from falling from a great height in a past life, also
possibly my last one, or in several.
5. I was alive in the roaring 20's.
6. I was an an american indian at least once.

And I am positive I was mostly one of the unwashed and forgotten
masses doing menial work during the majority of my near countless
past lives.:-)