--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think some here, perhaps Rory and Jim, have expressed something of
> that sort. I do know that when you are dreaming, its hard to accept
> that you are dreaming -- but assume you are awake. Though sometimes in
> the dream, you can be aware its a dream. But not so often, i think.

I used to have this quite frequently at a time - not now. I was
dreaming and aware that I dream. I wanted to wake up, and finally woke
up. I even tried to open my eyelids with my hand, and thought I was
awake, but was still dreaming, because certain things didn't fit. So,
its very well possible to dream that one wakes up and is awake.

That is not to say that I am with you in the case of Jimmy and Rory.

When I was asked the same question that you asked Jim and Rory, I have
thought, what I would answer from my own very limited perspective of
being only an infinitesimal particle of Rory, which I am sure I am, my
answer would be the following, again judging from whatever little
experiences I might have:

How do you know, when you think you are free, that this is not just
another dream, in reality you are in a prison, just dreaming to be
free? Well, I would have no interest in the question, I would be
thoroughly detached from the issue of being FREE or not. Whatever is
is, if it's a prison or otherwise. If I am just a dream being dreamed
by a person in coma in a hospital in NY, its okay too. Whatever is IS,
and if its illusion then it's illusion, so what. Wanting to be certain
about freedom would just mean that I view that freedom as a goal,
another object of the mind to be attained. Whereas my certainty is
that I am not the actor, and there is no achievement. Of course you
could pretend to have detachment, not being the actor etc, but you
would have to work very hard to convince yourself. And then you could
realize that there is really nothing you could do about that too.