--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> > Tying to Danas post, he ask cogently, the same sorts of questions /
> > observations of Dr Tart (Charlie to many on campus). Jim may be
> > eternally free -- Rory plays with his particles, Tom has his
> hardrive
> > loaded every morning by the cosmic computer. All of which is good
> and
> > fine.
> >
> > But there is nothing either in their descriptions of  their
> states, or
> > their manifest behavior, insights, cognitive and logical
> capabilities
> > etc that appeal much to me, inspire me to do anything to move in
> the
> > direction of their attainments. Nor does it fit my evolving view
> of a
> > "meaningful" life. See my adjacent post.
> >
> Good stuff, and thanks for bringing this up. It sounds like you have
> some expectation of an enlightened person's behavior that is not
> being met; the enlightened person's life isn't inspiring, or
> meaningful, or insightful...Or at least Rory, Tom's and mine isn't,
> to you.

No thats not really my point. I have abondoned any expectations about
enlightenment and behavioral component some time ago. And based on the
slim response to my 32 potential points of "enlightened behavior" it
seems not many are willing to take it that far. And as you may know
from my prior posts, stretching back several years, I don't place much
value in the label itself.

> And this creates then an endlessly meaningful life. Meaning is
> derived from experiencing something deeply, and once we have the
> potential to see and experience anything to any desired depth, from
> every possible point of view, meaning is truly everywhere.

Thats a possibility. Thanks for the perspective.

> Perhaps that is inspiration enough; your desire for enlightenment,
> so that you can actually see it, touch it, hear it, smell it, taste
> it, always.:-)

The desire is gone.
Its not an expectation.
Its not a goal.
If anything, loving what IS here and now is more interesting.