From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of curtisdeltablues
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 7:04 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: What Fairfield and Fairfield Life Could Become

"If someone is mean, out they go, and that
goes for Edg and everyone else. One strike, out you go."

If I wanted this kind of judgment on my expression I would have stayed
in the movement. Does the term "Age of Enlightenment News" mean
anything to you?

Once trollish behavior has been identified, anyone responding is doing
it by choice. Some are obviously nuts or on the outer edges of odd.
Some are entertaining if you don't take it personally.

Limiting content freedom is a dark path. If you just control what you
read, ignore posts that don't interest you and pay attention to what
you like, no one will have to kick people off because you don't want
to read their stuff.

Self control, not group control.

Curtis said it much better than I could have. Since many of us seem rather
juvenile at times, try to remember the old childhood saying, “Sticks and
stones can break my bones, but names can never hurt me.” Here’s another one
we used to say: “I’m rubber and you’re glue. Everything bad you say to me
bounces off of me and sticks to you.” And one from the Yoga Sutras:
“Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward
the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and
indifference toward the wicked.”

Negative posters tire themselves out very quickly if you ignore them. I use
my real name, live in FF, founded this forum, and make some pretty
controversial (and unfounded) statements. I take some pretty serious flak
for this sometimes. When this happens, I remember the Robert Burns poem:

“O would some Power the gift to give us
To see ourselves as others see us!”

I can’t blame these people for seeing me as some rakshasha-possessed,
Maharishi-bashing ne’r do well. That’s how I used to view people who did
what I’m doing. Are any of us completely innocent of doing the things we
accuse others of doing? Look at your recent interchange with Nabby, Edg. He
claimed to have flown 24 feet, and you went ballistic, using expletives,
threatening physical violence, etc. Or this more recent interchange. I only
read a fraction of the posts and may have missed many juicy details, but I
gathered that someone called you some name and rather than ignoring that
childish insult, you exploded, blowing smoke out your ears and threatening a
law suit. You responded to a BB gun with a bazooka. Anyway, Curtis said it
all: “Self control, not group control.”

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
4:29 PM