On Mon, 2022-01-10 at 14:11 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:

> > Team discussion as far as I can see doesn't happen on the mailing
> > list.
> > We usually use tickets also for this, isn't it?
>
> We can, but it's honestly something else I'm worried about. With each
> team

I mean. Even now, for team discussions, ideas and so on, we use
everything except this mailing list.

> I'd like to replace this mailing list, and the step asking new users
> to sign
> up for it. (And this might mean several different ideas for what the
> list is
> for are in the future served by different things, not just that team
> tag.)

Well, we could maintain the mailing list and use it as an exercise for
newcomers :-D I agree that nowadays mailing lists are a communication
system used by old school bearded developers :-D But in your journey
you will always encounter one (one mailing list, mmh maybe also a
bearded developer). So it could be like a playground for people who
have never seen one. (But for me, if there is a consensus, we can stop
using this mailing list altogether).

A.