Marcel Offermans wrote:
On Apr 18, 2007, at 21:55 , Karl Pauls wrote:

I am not convinced that we need a "users" list, just brought it up for
discussion. My thinking is that we don't have overwhelming volume on
this list, so it is probably okay to keep just one...it is a pretty good
mix too. Further, I find that users tend to get confused about where
mail should be sent when there are multiple lists...

That is my impression too. More often then not what looks like a
"users" question in the beginning turns into a "dev" questions before
too long (which I think is great) -- hence, I'd rather stick with
"only" the dev list for now. However, I don't care enough to argue if
somebody feels strongly about it...

Our users are developers, I agree with the strategy to start with one list and split it up if necessary.

Playing devils advocate - are they developers "of Felix"? Or of their own application? This is the crucial distinction. There are many Apache projects where users are developers so Felix isn't alone here.

I think it is a matter of (a) list volume and (b) whether we see ourself as producing stable releases around which we intend to build a user community. Maybe we should be aiming to do (b) but it doesn't quite feel like we are yet.

Regards, Upayavira