Gloria,

When talking with people just say that he is 17.

The breed is expensive and some people might want to make money selling the cat BUT if he is 17 years old they will know that the price will not be high. So, if someone is taking care of him he might prefer to get the reward rather than trying to sell it.

Again, I believe that he is going to be back to the lady's house ot the foster home.

Stan