This is an email I just got from someone writing to another rescue group.  If this is true it's very bad, haven't some of you taken (FeLV positive) animals to this rescue or know people that have?  At this point these are just alliegations, but if these pictures were really taken there it doesn't look good.  And I DO remember hearing they don't allow people to visit the facility and even talking about it on the list at one time ... (can anyone discredit this story, has anyone been to this sancuary?
email I got with links follows below
We have been taking our FIV /Luek cats to a Sanctuary in Kingston TN. Called AngelWings, When we first started looking for a Sanctuary. There was also a wonderful article about Angel Wings in the Cat Fancy Magazine at the time. When we first started we were told that we could not come to the Sanctuary because of liability issues and because I had received a excellent report from you (this refers to another rescue group, not me) and the article I was ok with that. As we have been taking cats down we also heard nothing but wonderful things about the Sanctuary, so needless to say we were all just devastated by the recent allegations of animal abuse that we have been hearing about the Sanctuary. We are so worried about all the cats and in particular the ones we took down. We are involved with trying to get our cats back  and will need another Sanctuary relatively close by who can help us now and in the future.

It was a 10 hrs drive that we would do in one day to get them to Angel Wings, so if you can recommend any that you know of that would be not too far from us we would greatly appreciate it. I’m  searching the web, but it is so hard to know which are decent or not, and after this mess I’m going to be extra paranoid about the place. You might not want to refer any one to Angel Wings until this can get resolved. The pictures on the site are pretty awful, I feel so responsible. We are a no kill group and this just breaks our hearts.

News Story About the Sancuary:
http://www.roanecounty.com/articles/2005/05/26/news/news02.txt

WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTOS:
http://angelwingsrescue.org/pics.html
--
 Belinda
Happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties ...
http://www.bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candle Light Service
http://www.bemikitties.com/cls

HostDesign4U.com  (affordable hosting & web design)
http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)
http://bmk.bemikitties.com