It's so hard to know that you may be spending the last little bit of time with your girls, but you have to take every second you can, and make the most of it. That is the sad thing about having cats in our lives, we become so close to them, and even in best case scenarios, we ALL have to go through the pain of losing them eventually. It's hard, every time. I wish you and your girls the very best of times together, and I hope you can enjoy the time you have with them, even though it may be too short.

I have a saying that I think sums up the relationships we form with our cats, knowing how short and fragile their lives are, with all the ups and downs, and knowing in the end that the pain will come again, but in between are such intense moments of love and joy:

"Life is a roller coaster of emotion, you might as well be in the front seat where the view is good, and the wind is in your face."

I sit here crying as I write this to you, but on the other hand, I wouldn't want to live my life any other way. I have six of these fragile lives sharing this time with me now. Fortunately, they are all young, and so far, healthy, but that also means that in about ten to fifteen years I will begin to lose them ALL in a short period of time. It's going to be hard. Yet, I know I could lose any one of them at any time before then. But, would I change anything? No, of course not. And that is the defining thing that makes a cat person a cat person, the willingness to suffer the emotional turmoil in exchange for the joy of their presence in our lives.

Jenn
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Adopt a cat from UCAT rescue:
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Adopt a FIV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/AWrescue/FIV/
http://ucat.us/FIVadopt.html
Adopt a FELV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/FELVadopt.html
"Saving one animal won't make a difference in the world, but it will make a world of difference for that one animal."