I wouldn't have a problem with the decision if I were sure that what was going on with Spencer was indeed terminal. I can't shake the feeling that he has the opportunity to get better. I don't know if that's because of who he is, that he's determined to live every day to the fullest, or because he actually does have the chance at recovery. My perceptions could very well be clouded with my desire for him to stay with me as well. I also know that if you ask most children, (Hell, if you ask me!), "Do you want to go to the doctor?", the answer would be NO! I don't know if the vets would have any treatments to suggest, let alone if they would make Spencer miserable. I only know that if he doesn't get some food into him, no matter how good he's acting otherwise, he's going to die. I'm hoping there is some way to help his stomach upset, (if that's what's causing him not to eat). I asked about a feeding tube on the message I just left for the vet. I wouldn't even be thinking of that if I didn't believe there was a chance to pull him out of this. I don't know, this guy is already such a miracle. I already thought he was dead that day he went missing. The sound of the clock ticking is thundering in my ears!
Nina

Marylyn wrote:

I can only tell you that when the Royal Princess Kitty Katt's cancers spread to the point that we knew treatment would make her miserable the treatments stopped...........and she very plainly told me and 6 animal communicators that she wanted no more vets. Period. End of subject. And I stopped traveling with her--she hated traveling. Quality of life, as defined by the cat, is so much more important than length. Kitty left this world on her own. Her hatred of vets was so great I would not even take her. I had arranged for one to come to the house if she could not leave on her own so I would not torture her by putting her in a car.

May you and your family--especially Spencer--have peace.