It is so painful to say goodbye.  Love and prayers to you.

elizabeth

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:19 AM
Subject: Please add Spencer to the CLS

Hi Belinda and All,
I'm so sad and numb this morning. So completely worn out, I know you all understand how I'm feeling. Spencer had been so weak yesterday, but still so attentive and loving, what an incredible spirit this boy has. The vet was late, (I'm so glad he was), and I had been laying next to Spencer on our bed, keeping him company while we waited. He lifted his head and tried to move, but he just couldn't get his once magnificent body to work. I decided to bring him out front. He used to love going out with his dogs every morning to get the paper and I thought he might enjoy going out one more time. I was right. Unbelievably, he rallied and was actually able to stumble to his favorite spot under my Jeep parked in the driveway. He even drank from the feral's water bowl. I couldn't stand seeing him on the uncomfortable cement any longer and put him on his bed and we sat and quietly watched the neighborhood comings and goings from the front steps.

I had just brought him back inside when I saw my vet approaching up the front walk. Heaven help me, but I wanted to scream, NO! NOT YET! Of course, it was time to finally say goodbye.

Do you still do tributes with their pictures? I'm going to send you his picture off-list to include in case you do. Bless it, this was a hard one, (but then I guess there just aren't any easy ones, are there?).

I want to express my gratitude once again to this incredible list of caring people. I went through such contortions dealing with Spencer's illness and decline. I don't know how I would have coped without your support and prayers.
Much love as always,
Nina