An old story to many on the list but one that may help:  The Royal Princess
Kitty Katt knew me most of her life.  She had decided to live with my parents
after a few months of living feral.  Unfortunately I was the one who took her
to the vet's, cut her nails etc.  But she knew me and liked me sort of part of
the time.  My father died and, until then, he was her favorite person.  It was
just Kitty and Mom for a number of years.  Then Mom decided she could not take
care of Kitty and sent her to me to live the rest of her life.  Kitty was
ballistic.  Her job was taking care of Mom and she was moved to a city from the
country, to a house that was considerably different in terms of neighbors,
heating, air conditioning, street noises .......................you name it, it
was different.  Including a working person as opposed to a person who stayed
home with her all the time.  Talk about major trauma.  I spent 3 months
sleeping on the floor near the couch she hid under.  Gradually she came out and
finally slept with me on the floor.  Life did get a lot better.  This was a
perfectly tame, wonderful little calico cat who was moved to someone she knew
and who had access to an animal communicator.   Caroline has been thrown out of
a home and "given" to someone who is a total unknown with unknown everything
that goes with it.  If you have access to an animal communicator, you might ask
her to reassure Caroline.

                                                 If you have men who will
exclude any of God's creatures
                                                 from the shelter of compassion