From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 3:09 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Lucy update

Hideyo, I am not going to do anything to her right now. I hardly ever
euthanize at all, much less while someone is eating. Most of my animals
have died at home on their own.  I just do not want her to suffer too
much in the end, which is why I asked the vet.  I think my cat Buddy
went through too much at the end.

Hope is getting slimmer, and I don't want to put her through
transfusions. I know they are not a big deal in themselves, but we would
have to do them at an ER very far away, and she gets so very stressed
out, and the process takes a good 4-5 hours between typing, thawing the
blood, doing the transfusion, and making sure there is no reaction.  Add
in the driving and we are talking about 6-7hours. She has enough trouble
going to the vet that is 10 minutes away. While she was ok for the
draining, she was screaming at the top of her lungs before he started.
I thought she was at transfusion level on Saturday and her pcv was 15. I
think she is worse now, but maybe, like on Saturday, I am completely
wrong about that. I hope so.

I will continue to give her the feline interferon.  Were Dr. Ishida's
patients very sick already when he started treating them?

My shipment still has not come in. I have enough from the vial you sent
me to get me through Thursday. Hopefully it will come before then. If it
doesn't come by Thursday, would you send me another vial? (her dose
would be due on Friday).  if she is still here, which I hope and pray
and believe she will be.

Thanks, Hideyo, for everything,

Michelle

In a message dated 1/30/2007 5:02:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,