  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 5:29 PM
  Subject: Whitey

  Hey guys.  Whitey is still having some "issues" and I was hoping some of the
more experienced people around might have an idea of what's up.

  The problem I'm seeing is he's still disoriented/dizzy and holding his head
sideways when he walks.  I can't figure out whats wrong with him!  We thought
it was a severe inner ear infection, but after 4 weeks on Baytril,  it still
hasn't cleared up. (It seems to have gotten much better, but not gone).  He
also had horribly bad teeth, all of which were pulled two weeks ago.  I was
thinking maybe that was part of it, but he's still doing it two weeks after the
dental work and 2 weeks on Baytril, so I'm at a loss here.  He's about 12 years
old for those of you who may not remember.  He's otherwise asympomatic.  He
doesn't appear to be in any pain.  He's quite friendly still and purs when he's
in my lap, he gets around, eats and drinks well, using the litterbox well,
other than the walking with his head sideways and stumbling his health is a
thousand times better than it was when I took him in, but I just can't figure
the dizziness out.

  Any thoughts on what might be causing it? Or how to treat?  Should I schedule
him another vet appointment?  He has to go back on the 13th for his FeLV
booster, so I'll definitely talk to the vet then, but I didn't know if I should
consider taking him in earlier.

  Michael