----- Original Message ----
From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 12:47:03 PM

Ok, guys. I just got off the phone with Whitey's vet.  Good news and what could
potentially be really bad news.   Good news first.

First of all, his Thyroid is normal, which Dr. Dolen says defies logic.  He
wants to retest in a few weeks.   All his other major organ functions were
normal...kidneys, liver, thyroid, everything was good.

His WBC were elevated (of course, due probably to the severe ear infection).
He is chronically anemic (RBC was 25ish).

The thing that concerned Dr. Dolen the most was his elevated Globulin and
Albumin levels.  His globulin was 8.4, when he says 3ish is the "normal" range,
so he said that indicated a chronic severe infection.  He's getting the lab to
run an  FIP titer on the blood sample they have from the other tests, so we'll
know something about that in about a week.  He says either the ear infection
was so horribly bad that its a miracle he's still alive (to have caused such an
elevated globulin level) or he has FIP.  I'm certainly hoping its the ear
infection, something we can work with.  Any of you guys have experience with
FIP?  I understand its deadly, usually within weeks of symptoms, but I was
wondering about the "human" aspect of it..what have YOU guys  experienced with
it?

He recommended high protein kitten food for him right now.  He said the more
protein the better...canned tuna, chicken, whatever has the most protein.  I'm
going to go by a local natural pet food store on my way home from work that
carries premium kitten foods.  Also interested if any of you know what the
absolute highest nutritional content wet food would be?  I'm thinking Innova
kitten food in a can, maybe wellness kitten food?  Anyway, more updates when I
get them.

Michael

FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/