-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of laurieskatz
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:36 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Whitey

imho, I would not call. People here are the people who would want to be
called but none of us would have let our kitty get in this condition.
If they aren't nice people they could make things miserable for you and this

kitty by demanding his return.
You are stewards for the kitty. Imho whatever I would do, the kitty's best
interests and health would be the most important consideration. Letting them

know does not ensure either of these.
Just my opinion based on my experience.
I have had "owners" refuse offers of help (for spay/neuter, behavioral
training for dogs, etc)  ~ and who knows why. I think some people have a
sense that no one is going to tell THEM what to do with THEIR animal.....
bottom line. I wouldn't risk it.
Laurie