Dear all

Has anyone ever used a kitty "Prozac" such as fluoxetine? One of my
co-workers whose cat has always been a sprayer--and she's had him for
YEARS, kudos to her---was thrilled when 1/2 tab fluoxetine daily fixed
the behavior almost immediately. Unfortunately he began foaming at the
mouth at the same time, so she stopped using it after a few days.

Does anyone have any experience in using an alternative "prozac" that
worked for spraying without causing foaming or other adverse
side-effects. She says she's going to the vet to ask about a different
one after she returns from vacation, and I thought I'd try picking your
brains before she went. I think it's wonderful that--unlike so many
people--she's committed to her cat despite his spraying.

I have a sprayer too, but he's feral, so there's nothing I can use (he's
not into any sort of treat on a regular basis, and he turned his nose up
at Pillpockets) apart from a dividing line between him and the cause of
his behavior, my other cats. He has his own loyal buddy, a female,
Momcat, so he's pretty content on the whole, I think.

Anyway, thanks for any other "prozac" ideas!

Kerry

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any tax advice expressed above by Mayer Brown LLP was
not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer to
avoid U.S. federal tax penalties. If such advice was written or used to support
the promotion or marketing of the matter addressed above, then each offeree
should seek advice from an independent tax advisor.