Dear Gary
I have used Staphoccocal Protein-A, from Sigma Aldrich:
Product: P6031 - 1MG, Protein A from Staphylococcus aureus; Soluble,
essentially salt-free, lyophilized powder;  or Product: P3838 - 1MG, Protein A
from Staphylococcus aureus; Soluble, Cowan Strain, essentially salt-free,
lyophilized powder.
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/etc/medialib/docs/Sigma/productinformationsheet2/p3838pis.Par.0001.File.tmp/p3838pis.pdf

It is important to note that transgenic Protein A expressed in Escherichia
colli, although having the same immunoglobulin binding properties, does not
have the same superantigenic properties as the native one. The difference may
be due to a bit of contamination with other superantigens from Staphlococcus
aureus (perhaps with staph entherotoxin-A during product extraction and
purification). So the transgenic version does not serve to our intent.

This product is currently used as a chemical reagent, and not as a medication
(except in experimental studies). You have to register before buying and
affiliation to some university or research institute is wanted (maybe you can
get an aid from another person).

Although I am a researcher, I was not made any experiment with my FelV+ cats,
so I cannot be sure if apparently hopeful outcomes were not merely by chance. I
just think the subject merits more attention, considering the earlier
surprising results obtained by scientists.  I am also aware of a subsequent
statistically controlled study carried on by Vet-researchers found no
significant difference from the placebo group. But I am also aware that unknown
variables, then unsuspected (such a little bit of contamination mentioned
above, certainly a trait neither standard nor regularly desired by the
fabricants), can account for different results obtained by different
researchers in different circumstances.

By the way, tree of my four FelV+ cats have already gone (crossed the bridge as
you say), Pupa and Mãe victims of lymphoma, and Porchops due an idiopathic
cystitis (apparently not felv-related).  All the four got considerable
improvement in most blood counts during and after treatment and never suffered
from FelV-related opportunistic infections. Jorge, the one that remains in this
world, is doing very fine, thanks, being asymptomatic up to now.  Early
experiments using protein A have reported that 28% of the cats respond
positively to the treatment. I think the attempt was not deceiving yet.

Best wishes for you all.

Hebert