>From that study in CA, the American Bird Conservancy was saying that the
>answer was to trap and kill the cats.  That's the part that really irritated
>me.  Yeah, cats killed a lot of those birds.  The little tigers will kill most
>anything that moves.  It's their instinct.  But the cats got there somehow and
>even before people fed them they were there and multiplying like crazy.
>Because of a lot of different reasons and a lot of studies, Trap-Neuter-Return
>the only way that will have the long term results of cutting the population of
>free-roaming cats way down.  But, those "bird brains" just want to kill all
>the cats as though that will fix everything.  I like birds and I like the
>people in the ABC, and I really don't think of them as "bird brains" I was
>just being funny, but the idiots that run the thing and making those comments
>about killing the cats are short-sighted.  Everytime I hear something from the
>ABC I just get upset before even knowing what they're going to say because I
>know how they feel about free-roaming cats and I know they hate TNR.
>Obviously, I'm a big advocate of TNR.

What I'd really like to say to them is that I wonder how many of those birds
are killed when they build the condos and board walks and everything else along
the beaches.  They need to spend their time fighting that battle before trying
to have the cats killed.  Maybe they do fight those battles too, but that's my
angry comment, and I know it doesn't change the fact that the cats kill the
poor birds, but sometimes you just want to tell people off.

Oh well, that's my middle of the night rantings about the ABC.  I don't like
cats killing birds, mice, chipmonks, or even the poor snakes and keeping them
inside is the best thing for the cats too.  I don't mind using the cat being
killers argument to motivate people keeping their pets indoors but leave the
ferals alone and don't start talking about killing them.