On 03-23, Beth wrote:

> We have removed cats from homes when we've found out they declawed.
>  Our contract strictly prohibits it. Those things are usually
>  handled through a lawyer, though. You don't
> want to go about it the wrong way.
>
> Beth

Beth,  Thanks for your thoughts on declawing. It is absolutely the
cruelist thing imaginable.  It's amputation of the last joint of EACH
toe.  Cats suffer terribly after this surgery and they often stop
using their litter boxes because it hurts so much. Biting is another
thing they often do because they feel defenseless without their
claws.

Lorrie