If the neutering was going to affect him it would have been right away. My own
cat acted fine one day (playing in the yard under supervision) & at the
emergency vet the next day with severe anemia. Cats are good at hiding illness.
I know the anemia did not come on overnight. She was just hiding it until she
couldn't hide it anymore.
Don't beat yourself up over neutering your baby. That wasn't the problem. It
was just this horrible virus.

Beth