 From: dppl dppl <dppl1...@yahoo.com>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 12:25 PM
Subject: neutering a positive cat

I still have Mitt, the kitten I found in October who tested positive. He seems
to be
healthy at this time and  around 7-8 months old. I am thinking I should have him
neutered but the local humane society refused to do surgery on a positive cat,
claiming surgery could trigger an immune system problem. Has anyone neutered
their positive cat after finding out it was positive and what was your
experience?
Thanks for any input. PS: Someone asked my in a prior posting why the vet give
vaccinations before getting blood work results that showed positive. She sent
the
blookwork to an outside lad since she said it would be less costly and that
same visit
when blood was drawn, she went ahead and did vaccinations.