A few times today I told Simon that if he did not eat what I was offering, the fifth or sixth thing each time, that I was going to have to syringe him, and he ate each time. I do think talking to them about it works.  Tonight when I got home I made him some liver shake and told him I hoped he would want to eat it because I did not want to have to syringe him again tonight, and he practically finished the whole bowl and then ate some wet food.  I think maybe the chemo effects are wearing off too, but I swear I do think "the talk" works.

As for the A/D I recommended-- I have never had a cat with IBD, and I have no idea if it is ok digestion-wise for IBD.  So that is something to check out.  I know they also have something called I/D, which is very bland food for intestinal problems, but I don't think the consistency of that is conducive to syringe feeding if I remember it right.

Anyway, I really think what you are describing sounds positive. Going from wanting no food to eating a little bit is a huge jump, even if her eating still needs to be supplemented with syringing.  And if she is eating some on her own, then you don't need to syringe the amounts I said (or if she is a small cat).

Michelle