Progressive News & Views (since 1982)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Sunni are considered the more conservative as compared to Shia.   Sunni
allow choices of leadership to be political mixed with religious, but they  are
stricter in many areas regarding social standards, dress for women, marriage
laws, and more.  Shia choose leaders strictly on the basis of  religion.
Reggie does not understand that I am engaged to a Lebanese Shia  Muslim.  I have
no choice but to be informed.  I never said that  Saddam's regime was based on
the Quran.  I said that he was opposed by Bin  Laden,  but what I did not
include was that it was becuase of his  secularism.  The reason Shia are opposed
by Bin Laden is because they  are less fundamentalist.  Many Sunni and Shia
see it as repulsive to marry  one another.  I am very well informed, thank you
very much.

In a message dated 2/8/2006 12:09:33 PM Central Standard Time,