Pop Photog (ugh) ran an article awhile back...they took identical shots with
someone that hand holds well, and then the same shots with tripod...there
was a discernable difference even at higher speeds like 1/60th and more.
For me, I have to use a tripod for anything of consequence, as I have a
slight tremble in my hands.  Sometimes I don't, and often regret I didn't.
Lately, with a 300mm telephoto, no use to pretend - it's tripod or nothing -
same with 100mm macro.

Ginny

Although this is way off topic, in my experience (and according to my
loupe), every shot will benefit from a tripod.  I have had some success
hand-holding shots taken as slowly as 1/2 second but to my mind, that was
just dumb luck and not something I expect to happen regularly...

Jeff Goggin
Scottsdale, AZ