> There is no way a hand-held shot at 1/8th second is going to be
> considered 'sharp' under any conditions and no matter what the
> experience of the user.

I get shots that are very much considered sharp at 1/8, and I do it quite
frequently.  I have quite a high resolution scanner, and I can see sharp
and not so sharp quite easily.  Most of my work is existing light these
days, so I routinely shoot 1/15 and 1/8.  Yes, it does depend on the skills
of the operator, the camera, and the scene.