Hi.

> > I have an Acer Scanwit and under the scanner properties
> > in Win98se it lists an sRGB color profile as the only
> > profile associated with the scanner.  My colorspace for
> > Photoshop is AdobeRGB.

Snip

>         Your question would beg another ... "Is your scanner capable of a
> larger gamut than sRGB?"

What, like a larger gamut than pixel levels from 0 to 255?

I can see no difference between files open side-by-side in PSP (sRGB), and PS5.5
(Adobe RGB).
A mode-to-mode conversion from Adobe RGB to sRGB, or vice versa, takes almost
zero time and makes NO visual difference to the image on screen.
My understanding is that changing the so-called colour space in Photoshop simply
changes the embedded profile, without actually making any difference to the image
data itself.
When the image is opened or printed from Photoshop, a different LUT is used
depending on the profile found. The use of a different LUT is all that changes,
not the file itself.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,    Pete.