----- Original Message -----
From: shAf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 6:31 PM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: Fw: Color Profiles for Scanners

> Rob writes ...
>
> > "photoscientia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > My understanding is that changing the so-called colour
> > space in Photoshop simply changes the embedded profile,
> > > without actually making any
> > > difference to the image data itself.
> >
> > Well, that makes perfect sense - as I understand it, the
> > profile is simply a
> > mapping between numeric values and actual colours.
> >

> I think you better examine the RGB pixel values before and after a
> profile-to-profile ...
>
> shAf  :o)

I think...
Profile to profile changes the file(pixel values) but changing the "so
called colour space"  or you working space should not. When it is saved it
will have the new profile though.

If you ues the color sampler to select samples in the image, and apply
"profile to profile" you will see changed pixel values. If you change your
working space you will  not see changes.

Bob Wright