>Taking a file in sRGB and converting it to Adobe RGB isn't going to expand
>the gamut of the file. It's fixed after becoming sRGB. You can't increase
>the color gamut simply by converting into a space that can hold a larger
>number of colors.
>
>Andrew Rodney

Andrew, I'm curious if this will hold true if one performs color (and maybe tonal)
editing operations on the file in the larger editing color space -- could that editing
cause color to extend into areas present only in the larger space?  More particularly,
if one opens a sRGB file into PS with sRGB work space, edits colors and tones and
prints image on a good color printer; then opens the same file into PS with a
larger-than-sRGB gamut space such as Adobe RGB converting file on open, performs the
same color and tonal edits and prints the edited file: might the printed images appear
different?