On 11.05.2002 19:19 Uhr, Jim Williams wrote

> Do the top and bottom staff margins not determine what staff an expression
> belongs to?
> I sometimes set the bottom margin of a tuba staff lower in order to
> accommodate note expressions attached to low notes--otherwise they "belong"
> to a lower staff.  When positioning expressions or articulations, the staff
> margins determine how high or low artics and expressions can go before being
> forced on to another staff, right??

There is actually two misunderstandings here:
1) We were talking about system margins, not staff margins. There is no such
thing as a staff margin, there is only a distance between two staves.
2) You can _move_ expressions anywhere you like, without them loosing their
relation to a certain staff (or note). The only problem is the initial
placement: For note attached expressions click on or near the note, for
measure attached expressions click on or near the measure. The cursor
usually tells you (with a little arrow) to which note/measure/staff it is
attaching the expression.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com