On around Sat, 13 Jul 2002 08:14:44 -0700, Philip Aker--suspecting
self-contradiction on my part?--said something like:

>Peter Castine wrote:
>
>In one post:
>
>> I can't remember whether it was Tog or one of the later Apple
>> UI gurus who adivsed that developers responsible for porting
>> software should spend at least half a year using the "other"
>> platform as their main working machine. To learn the culture,
>> to learn what people on the other side of the fence expect.
>
>In another post:
>
>> I'm not real enthusiastic about OS X (not like I have been
>> about other things). But that's the way it's going to be.
>
>Learn the culture...

Of course I learn the culture. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Let alone
be enthusiastic.

The non-identity of learning and liking should be self-evident.

With best regards,

Peter

---------------   <http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/>   ---------------
Peter Castine       | From the Litter Power Thesaurus:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       |   Urn model: lp.ernie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     |