On Friday, July 12, 2002, at 02:52  PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

>> If you read my reply to Jari Williamsson on the same topic,
>> you will see that had Coda been implementing the changes for
>> Carbon incrementally, the adaption to MacOS X would be
>> comparable to a minor upgrade. That is because it's possible
>> to have a single Carbon executable which runs on MacOS from
>> 8.6 upwards to X.

>> If you have access to a Mac, I can demonstrate with with a
>> small Carbon test application I've been using to explore the
>> APIs.

[...]

What I said was:

"...had Coda been implementing the changes for Carbon
incrementally, the adaption to MacOS X would be comparable to a
minor upgrade."

I don't think you really know what I'm talking about because you
are not a Mac user and are incorrectly trying to make parallels
between Apple's migration strategies and those from Redmond. My
post to Jari went some way to explaining that.  Please read it
again.

> I can't believe anyone with your level of sophistication should
> say such a ludicrous thing.

My offer for living proof is available, but better than that
example is the one by Stoney Ballard who was able to release his
port of a 6 meg dual platform some months ago. That's probably
because he did the Mac portions correctly in the first place so
there wasn't that much to do. I'll post you his email privately
if you would like confirmation of the amount of time it took him
and what it entailed.

Philip Aker