And so it came to pass that Johannes Gebauer spake:

>  > Even OS X, the biggest OS change
>>  in the last 18 years, still lets a number of non-updated apps run. Shame
>>  about the audio & MIDI, though.
>
>That is strictly speaking not correct. Anything that is not Carbon (ie
>Classic apps not updated for OS X) will not run in OS X directly. Full stop.
>You may be able to run it in Classic, but that's no better than running
>Windows apps in SofWindows (well, ok, it's not quite as slow, but...). You
>wouldn't really call MacOs Windows compatable either, would you?

Strangely, MS Word 98 boots up in the Classic environment in 1 or 2,
which is way faster than when I was running OS9. I don't understand
why.

Silly me couldn't live with fast bootups so I when and bought MS
Office v.X and all is back to its normal slow self  :)

--

Rocky Road - in Oz

"Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, Galactica,
leads a ragtag, fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest, for a shining
planet known as Earth."