>Is there a way to disengage the lyrics from a certain point onward
>when I am adding new measures and additional lyrics?  It seems to
>make the most sense to me to take them out and re-assign them after
>I have added the new measures and lyrics.  When I did this operation
>today, I had shift the new lyrics back to the appropriate place, and
>kept discovering measures in which it had gone awry later in the
>piece.
>
>Crystal Premo
>[EMAIL PROTECTED][EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear Crystal,

The safest method, I think, is to enter all the notes, then add
lyrics afterwards. That way you are less likely to get them
scrambled, and you will also have a better idea of how the spacing
will come out. I don't always include lyrics in the MM spacing dialog
if I think they will fit reasonably well with just a few nudges here
and there. I think Finale tends to skew the rhythm too much in order
to keep the lyrics from crowding. In a tight squeeze it's perfectly
OK to have syllables slightly off the center justification for some
notes in order to keep the rhythm from being skewed too badly. I've
found TGTools very helpful with lyrics.

Regards,

Hal
--