ME:

>>>The safest method, I think, is to enter all the notes, then add
>>>lyrics afterwards. That way you are less likely to get them
>>>scrambled, and you will also have a better idea of how the spacing
>>>will come out.<<

CRYSTAL:

>This is exactly what I do.  However, I did a new piece for a
>composer who then inserted about eight bars with new lyrics.  I
>inserted the new music and typed the new lyrics into the appropriate
>place in the Edit Lyrics window.  This made the new lyrics line up
>with the old music, so I used Shift Lyrics to bring the new lyrics
>back to the new measures.  It worked fairly well, but there were
>places where the lyrics did not all shift, and I had to do
>additional shifting later.  It ended up working out, but it would
>have made more sense to be able to disengage the lyrics from the
>music, add the new measures, type in the new lyrics, and click
>assign them all from that point on.  Or it might even have worked to
>have the new lyrics be assigned to nothing, and let the old lyrics
>remain where they were.  Then I could have just click assigned the
>new lyrics to the new music.

Dear Crystal,

Instead of entering the new lyrics in the Edit Lyrics window, you
should simply type them into the inserted measures. The old lyrics
should keep their location. If you look at the Edit Lyrics window
after this, you may see that your new lyrics went in a strange place.
Not to worry.

Hal
--
Harold Owen