On 17 Sep 2002 at 17:24, David W. Fenton wrote:

> On 17 Sep 2002 at 17:38, Raimund Lintzen wrote:
>
> > So why don't you copy your music+lyrics into a new (empty) file -
> > then copy it again back to your first file.
> >
> > This procedure will make your lyrics be in a new verse.
>
> It also has a lot of really bad effects:
>
> 1. score expressions lose their staff list assignments.
>
> 2. duplicate expressions and articulations are created.
>
> Those alone are more time to fix than copying the original without
> the lyrics.
>
> Why does this whole operation work so incredibly poorly?
>
> Isn't linking to the same verse the *exception* when repeating music?
> Shouldn't it be an option instead of the default?
>
> This is something that seems to me to be incredibly badly
> implemented.

All right, I'm beginning to get really angry.

Having decided that pasting from a different file is too much work, I
decided to try copying without the lyrics.

The result, after many false starts where it didn't work at all, I
see the lyrics being copied *anyway*, even though it is the one thing
I have *unchecked*, and, like with the recent report on the
madrigals, the baselines of the lyrics *from the beginning of the
file* (i.e., not just what was newly pasted, but the original lyrics
as well) has now been changed so that everything is about one staff
too low.

This is completely unacceptable behavior -- it is basically
completely unusable in any fashion, by any of the various methods.

What the hell am I going to do here?

--
David W. Fenton                         |
http://www.bway.net/~dfenton