At 5:09 PM -0400 9/19/02, David W. Fenton wrote:
>On 18 Sep 2002 at 17:01, Christopher BJ Smith wrote:
>
>>  (You
>>  know about opt-click, right? This assigns ALL the syllables in the
>>  edit window to the notes automatically, from the first note you click
>>  until it encounters an empty measure or runs out of lyrics. Very
>>  cool. You can shift right or left using Shift Lyrics if a passage
>>  gets mis-aligned.)
>
>Know, my computer doesn't have an OPTION key.
>
>In any event, with a highly melismatic piece, the SHIFT LYRICS is
>very tedious, as it removes all assignments to the right of the
>syllable you are moving.

Sorry, I don't know the PC equivelant for Option. Alt, isn't it? I'm
sure the function exists on the PC.

The Shift Lyrics doesn't remove assignments to the right, unless
there are serious differences between our versions of Finale. If you
have previously jumped over while click-assigning (or shifted lyrics
to avoid) melismas, then make sure that you have selected the option
Shift Lyrics To Next Open Note, rather than To End Of Piece, and all
melismas stay intact. If you have entered spaces for each note of the
melisma, then none of those notes are open, and everything shifts no
matter what. This may be what has happened. In that case, deleting
the un-needed space from the Edit Lyrics Window should solve it.

Christopher