On 18 Sep 2002 at 17:01, Christopher BJ Smith wrote:

> (You
> know about opt-click, right? This assigns ALL the syllables in the
> edit window to the notes automatically, from the first note you click
> until it encounters an empty measure or runs out of lyrics. Very
> cool. You can shift right or left using Shift Lyrics if a passage
> gets mis-aligned.)

Know, my computer doesn't have an OPTION key.

In any event, with a highly melismatic piece, the SHIFT LYRICS is
very tedious, as it removes all assignments to the right of the
syllable you are moving.

However, I did use it to save my piece.

The lyrics tool requires too much specialized knowledge to be useful
for the person who uses it very seldom. That it was formerly much
worse is really completely irrelevant since it is still
extraordinarily badly implemented. Being dead is worse than being in
a full-body cast, but neither is a desirable state.

--
David W. Fenton                         |
http://www.bway.net/~dfenton