On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 12:00 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: Steven D Sandiford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:08:09 AM US/Central

I wish to transcribe some music from off a DVD. I have downloaded a
shareware programme that helps in this respect a great deal, as long as you
have an audio file to run it across.

Does anyone know of software (for Mac) that would allow me to create audio
files off the soundtrack of the DVD?
Look at Audio Hijack from <http://www,rogueamoeba.com>. From the readme file:

"What it is:
Audio Hijack provides extra sugar for all your ear candy. Use it to enhance or record the audio output of ANY application on your Mac."

I was able to capture audio to an .aiff file while playing a DVD using DVD Player. Note that this is a Mac OS-X application.

-ct