On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 06:08  AM, Steven D Sandiford wrote:

A question for the collective wisdom of the Finale List

I wish to transcribe some music from off a DVD. I have downloaded a shareware programme that helps in this respect a great deal, as long as you have an audio file to run it across.

Does anyone know of software (for Mac) that would allow me to create audio files off the soundtrack of the DVD?
Steven,

Have you tried iTunes? You set the output file type in its Preferences and then choose from the Advanced menu a Convert To MP3/AIFF/Wave item. These features are on the OS X version. I don't know what iTunes can handle on OS 9 or earlier.

HTH,

Philip Aker
http://www.aker.ca