To Everyone Who Responded

Many thanks for the advice you (all) gave.  It sounds more complicated than
I, a mere trombonist, can handle!!  As I don't run System X on my machine at
work (yet), those programs that run under the new OS are not available to
me, but I will make a note of your suggestions for future experimentation.

In the end, I decided to "loosely" transcribe the required music - "loosely"
as in copy the tune shape, then just harmonise/arrange it in a similar
style.  All this for a 5 second radio jingle (for a musical).  Needless to
say, I played an .mp3 recording of my version of the jingle (Finale --> MIDI
--> iTUNES --> .mp3) and the Director hasn't spotted the difference!

Which goes to prove the point, although exactly what that point is slips my
mind for the moment.....

Best wishes

Steve Sandiford