John Howell wrote:

> This is not a trivial matter.  Office Max paper is less than ideal for
> music, both in its light weight and its lack of opacity, and most people
> lack access to anything more professional.  So I'd guess that quite a few
> people (including me!) would be willing to pay extra for more sturdy parts
> on better quality paper that would be likely to last a lot longer.

If one looks carefully at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, and the like, one
can find better quality paper.  I no longer buy any paper that is not extra
heavy weight, at least 24 pounds, and usually try to buy 28 pound when I can
get it.  I also go for the highest brightness I can find.  These are usually
marked as "premium inkjet" or "premium laserjet" papers.  I've seen these
heavier weight papers in 11x17 format, too, so I know they are available,
though the fact that I don't see them consistently means one may have to ask
to have it ordered.  For less common papers, I suspect they can be obtained
easily from a good copy shop, if there is no paper specialty shop in your
vicinity.  Kinko's stocks 28 pound, 11 x 17 stock, in a variety of colors, and
can get more; they can also probably tell you the name of the vendor from whom
they buy their paper, if you want to purchase directly.

ns