I see this discussion has turned into a discussion of paper type. I, too, am always looking for better paper. The closest I've found to what the big publishing houses use is Hammermill Accent Opaque, 70 lb offset, Natural White (which is actually a light ivory color). This paper is acid-free and heavy enough for music. When I first started buying it, the Natural White was only available ream-wrapped in 8.5x11. But since then they started selling it ream-wrapped in 11x17 also. You can also order it in large sheets and have them cut it to any size you might need (12x18 or 13x20 being logical choices for music). I transacted all this at Xpedx. You can find your nearest Xpedx store at http://www.xpedx.com, although the silly website seems designed to make sure you can't. (Click on the "Contacts" button.)

When this topic came around previously, someone explained the difference between offset paper lb ratings (which tend to go 20-40-60-80) and linen paper lb ratings (which tend to go 24-28). If anyone still has it, I'd like to see it again.

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com