On 09.02.2003 8:49 Uhr, Noel Stoutenburg wrote

> If one looks carefully at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, and the like, one
> can find better quality paper.  I no longer buy any paper that is not extra
> heavy weight, at least 24 pounds, and usually try to buy 28 pound when I can
> get it.  I also go for the highest brightness I can find.  These are usually
> marked as "premium inkjet" or "premium laserjet" papers.  I've seen these
> heavier weight papers in 11x17 format, too, so I know they are available,
> though the fact that I don't see them consistently means one may have to ask
> to have it ordered.  For less common papers, I suspect they can be obtained
> easily from a good copy shop, if there is no paper specialty shop in your
> vicinity.  Kinko's stocks 28 pound, 11 x 17 stock, in a variety of colors, and
> can get more; they can also probably tell you the name of the vendor from whom
> they buy their paper, if you want to purchase directly.

It is fine to use heavier paper, but to use the brightest paper you can find
seems odd. Normally music gets printed on slightly yellowish paper, which is
easier to read esepcially in low light situations, and easier on the eyes.

Some music organizations actually have firm rules as to what paper is
allowed, and bright white such as inkjet paper is a no no.

I have yet to find such paper supply in Germany, although I have a stock of
creme coloured paper of heavy weight, I am not completely satisfied with it,
so if any German fellow has a supply of paper similar to what the big
publishers use, let me know.
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de