On 11.02.2003 21:47 Uhr, Éric Dussault wrote

> Yes, but if it was only possible to do it, we would see a lot more
> occurances of it.

In the case of Doblinger I doubt it, since their dotted slurs date from
times long before computers were used for engraving.

> Slurs in classical guitar music is one place where it
> would be useful and more pleasing to the eyes. Situations where musical
> phrasing can interfere with instrumental phrasing marks(like for strings) is
> another situation where it could be used (see Kurt Stone's Music Notation in
> the Twentieth Century on p.36). I don't know if Sibelius does this, but
> SCORE does.

I don't know about guitar music, but as far as my own preferences go I never
liked the look of dotted tapered slurs. Why would tapered dotted phrasing
marks be better than un-tapered? They would interfere much more with the
everything else since they would have to be thicker, wouldn't they?

Johannes

--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de