I seem to have forgotten how to deal with a continuous long string of tuplets. The OLD does not seem to help. WinFin2003a.

Meter is 4/4. I need to enter four groups of six 16th notes beamed together on two staves in each measure. I would like to set this up prior to note entry since this tuplet scheme runs continuously for 90 measures, beginning to end. Page layout is two measures per system in landscape. I thought that would give room to minimize bunching up of the notes during entry. I set the tuplet d/b to six 16ths = 1 quarter, but it seems not to stay that way. I managed to get the first measure established with much monkeying around. I can get two groups set up in the second measure but uncontrollable notes spill beyond the paper edge. I did something like this some time ago but can't remember how I did it. I think then I could not set a global setting to provide correct beaming and location in the measures before starting note entry.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Ken Fowler

                “A great piece is always better
                than any performance of it” -

André Previn at an award ceremony in his honor